Thursday, January 17, 2019

What Would Your Letter Board Say?


What Would Your Letter Board Say? 
Jessica Sunday

I did not think I would be the lady with a letter board in my shopping cart last night. I mean, I sorta like to err away from the trends of this day. I saw way too many posts on social media with letter boards left and right which turned me away. Sure they were cute, but so are pet rabbits... and I do not have one of those. 

Well, you get the picture, right? I most certainly placed a letter board in my shopping cart last night, and as I hesitated whether I should go through with the purchase, I as wondering what my first letter board inspirational message would be. It took me a lot of pins to go through to find it, but hey, it is finally up! As I continued to look at this throughout the day, it started convicting me of the life I desire to live out. For me, this 'inspirational pin' is turning out to be the latest 'inspirational conviction' for me. 

I believe there are multiple moments in our lives where it is vital to have self examinations. Who would have known just how much 52 letters could convict someone? I may have totally miscounted, so I apologize ahead of time. I know you just counted to see if I was right. 

These words make me wonder how well I am living my life for the honor and glory of my Heavenly Father because ultimately, that is the only thing in life that truly matters. Does my lifestyle press others into the love and intimacy with the Savior? Do others know what authenticity looks like through the brokenness and restorations of life? Did I make at least one of my patients and co-workers smile today? These are just a few of the many questions that I wonder while I sit looking at my letter board as I type this. I also thought about the fact that someone who is a total stranger could potentially be thanking God for me unaware and I not even knowing it. It is really quite intriguing when you think of that. 

I mean, if any of you single individuals out there ever prayed for your future spouse, you know what I am talking about. You pray that they are well, that you meet them soon, and you thank God for that specific person in advance. Why do you thank God for someone you do not know in advance? I usually start thanking in advance because I know how powerful the Lord is. I know that He does not want to neglect me from the best He has for me. I know that He is faithful,  and I know that He finds joy in abundantly blessing me. 

So, am I living in such a way that if someone is thanking God for me unbeknownst to me that when they finally do meet me, they would not regret it? 
To me, that thought could be convicting to anyone reading this. It has convicted me to periodically set time aside to self examine my life and how I am living each breath God has given me. Am I making each moment count, or am I living this precious life flippantly for my own personal gain? If we are honest, I believe we would want to be the "who" someone thanks God for. So, what would your letter board say about you? 

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 
I Timothy 4:12 



No comments:

Post a Comment