Thursday, March 7, 2019

Hesed


Hesed
Jessica Sunday 

I recently bought some devotionals from The Daily Grace Co. One entitled "Hymns: A Study on Classic Hymns" and "His Love Never Fails" both of which have been encouraging. I highly recommend trying a devotional from their company. They are very affordable and full of so much spiritual truth. I will be sure to add their link below. I decided to refresh my devotional inventory not only because I hardly have any devotionals but also I find it hard to have my devotions faithfully. I truly believe that people prioritize what is most valuable to them, so if I find my Savior valuable or rather important to me, why do I not prioritize Him like I should? It is so much easier to make excuses for the lack of prioritizing due to the circumstances or busyness around one's life; however, I think the simple honest truth of the matter is plain. I (we) neglect my devotions because I (we) do not prioritize Him into (my) our (life) lives like (I) we should. When we neglect to do this, our lives often become exhausting, draining, and more difficult than what they really need to be. We might even feel "spiritually dead." This is what happens when we are the ones who depart from His presence. 

When I sat down this afternoon to have my devotions, I decided to open my second devotional as pictured above. The first devotional entry was entitled Steadfast Love. The Hebrew word for this is "Hesed." Hesed has been translated into many English words... mercy, steadfast love, favor, goodness, loyalty, lovingkindness, and grace. Such love is the love that Jesus pursues us with! Its relentless, never-ending, all-satisfying, unconditional love was displayed to the children of Israel as it is available and given to us! This is a love that even when Israel was unfaithful to Him, God did not let their unfaithfulness stop Him from loving them unconditionally. That part of the devotional hit me! 

Even when I am unfaithful to God time and time again in dismissing my devotions, He "heseds" me no matter what I do. His love goes deeper than the human love can ever consider going. His love endures when it is tough. His love endures when communication is severed between His child and Himself. We will never be able to love exactly like Jesus loves, but we can try to love those around us more considerately. We can also purpose in our hearts to make it a priority to spend a little more time with Jesus instead of "fitting" Him into our busy schedules. What is a devotional that has helped you in your spiritual walk? I would love to hear from you! 

Link to The Daily Grace Co. : https://thedailygraceco.com/

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." 
Lamentations 3:22-23 

No comments:

Post a Comment