Tuesday, May 30, 2023

But God

 

BUT GOD

      Jessica Sunday  


It's been 5 years since becoming a Registered Nurse. I still remember telling God that I would never go into cardiac nursing as a specialty.  Boy, did I learn. 

When I graduated nursing school and passed my NCLEX, guess what specialty was the only floor hiring at my hospital? Six submitted applications later, I began my journey for 2 years on a cardiac floor. Yes, my persistence paid off in human resources I suppose, and God placed me right in the center of His will -out of my comfort zone. 

As I continued in my profession those 2 years, I felt like God was leading me into travel nursing. Although I almost became complacent towards that, God had things fall apart so that I would begin travel nursing. So I began at the end of 2020. I did not know where I would go, but as I followed open doors God began to teach me to rely on Him. 

It took me leaving my home town and everyone I knew to really get to know my God. It has not been easy. Even while traveling, I have gone my own way at times. In those times, He has never failed me. He pulls me closer, and He sees me. He loves me with a love that I will never understand.  

After traveling mostly med-surg for awhile, God placed me back to my roots. I am now working on a cardiac intermediate unit. Not in my strength but His. I am excited to be back doing a specialty I've grown to love. I am reflecting now if He has placed me here once again to continue to teach me to continue to walk in faith with Him even when things seem to fall apart so that His better will can fall into place. 

BUT GOD loves me.

BUT GOD makes a way. 

BUT GOD never gives up on me no matter how ugly I can be. 

BUT GOD chooses me over and over again. 

BUT GOD wants my heart and relationship with Him. 

BUT GOD. 

"But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand."

Isaiah 64:8 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment